The tribe of the Red Men at Williamsport, knowns as Conococheague Tribe, No. 84 was created in November of 1886. The first elected officers were E. P. Steffey, Prophet; Robert A. DeFrehn, Sachem; Robert Duncan, Senior Sagamore; J. F. Kreps, Junior Sagamore; Wm. H. Z. King, Chief of Records; C. J. Davis, Keeper of Wampum.
The Red Men's Lodge was located at the corner of Potomac and Artizan Streets (now Sheetz's) until 1930 when the Red Men sold the building to A. W. Barnhart to enlarge his overall and pantaloon factory.